NTJ - New Traditional Jewellery 2014, Design Contest
Inscrições até 1 Jun 2014
EMB&B Art Events
NTJ 2014 CONFRONTATIONS
New Traditional Jewellery, International design contest and (travelling) exhibition.
NTJ’s raison d’être:
"All human joys and burdens have been materialized in jewellery," according to art historian Marjan Unger. Jewellery marks every crossroads in our life, every highlight and every loss. If jewellery accompanies us every step of the way, how can we use it to improve our quality of life?
The technical jury of New Traditional Jewellery (NTJ) has selected the theme “CONFRONTATIONS” for the 2014 design contest and exhibition.
Confrontations may carry different meanings: on a grand scale (climate changes, distribution of wealth, waste management, for example) or in a private inner dialogue: there is a lot we are confronted with. Confrontations are often hard to ignore and force you to have an opinion. Some of them may even be life-changing.
Confrontations also mean coming to grips with problematic situations, tackling a problem head-on (taking the bull by the horns) and facing the music. It's a word commonly used in sports, politics, psychology and war.
This is by no means a complete inventory of the ways 'CONFRONTATIONS' can be understood. We are just scratching the surface; it's up to you to confront us with your interpretation.
What is confronting to you? What is it you want to confront us with? So here's the challenge: translate your take on 'CONFRONTATIONS' into jewellery design.
As in all prior editions of New Traditional Jewellery, we ask contemporary professional jewellery designers to base their design on an inspirational source. This source of inspiration can range from ethnographic jewellery to personal history or current events and trends with relevance to CONFRONTATIONS.
On behalf of the technical jury, the executive committee of the jury wishes all participants much inspiration and success!
Astrid Berens, Director SIERAAD Art Fair & Isabella van den Bos, chairwoman of Foundation Art in Business.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS NEW TRADITIONAL JEWELLERY 2014
The group of potential contestants is distinguished into two categories:
Category A : established jewellery artists and silverdesigners
Category B : final-year and advanced students of all art academies and fourth-level students of the gold and/or silversmith disciplines of training colleges, or comparable levels of part time education or evening classes.
• Each participant may submit only one finished piece of jewellery
• The ornament should be wearable
• The designs may not have been exhibited before nor seen/sold by third parties. Only ornaments made specifically for this contest will be eligible for nomination.
• Apart from the design the participant is also expected to supply an explanation (not exceeding 100 words) outlining the confrontational factor in your source and newly designed piece and a photograph of the source of inspiration.
• All nominated designs will remain in the possession of the organization during all exhibitions and will not be returned for the duration (2.5 years at the most)
PUT ON ALL EMAILS + PACKAGES YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER ! ! !
Submitting the design:
• Fully completed registration form by email before 1 June 2014 NOT HANDWRITTEN ! ! !
• Payment of registration fee; before 1 June 2014
• Fully completed design form by email before 1 June 2014
• By handing in the design form the contestant assures the organization of having designed and made the design himself/herself and that he/she has not submitted the designs to other design contests or offered them for sale.
• Fully executed design by regular mail has to be in our possession between: Monday June 23. – Friday July 18. 2014
• Registration fee €45.00 per person payable to:
Rabobank 32 85 05 420 | IBAN: NL31RABO 03285054 20 - BIC CODE RABO NL2U
Each design submitted must be properly packed, in such a way that the packing material can also be used for the return shipment. Should you be interested in a return shipment of your entry, the name of the sender must be clearly stated on the package..
Entries that do not reach us in time will not be accepted and there will be no restitution of the € 45.00 registration fee. If these conditions are not met the entry will not be submitted to the jury and your entry will not be returned to you.
EMB&B Art Events, NEW TRADITIONAL JEWELLERY 2014, Leersumseberg 28, 3825 EC Amersfoort, The Netherlands
IMPORTANT ! ! !
• Participants from non-EU countries should take into account that delivery by post may take around 4 weeks. On the parcels there should be a specification such as: design for contest, present, value below €15 or no commercial value.
• The shipping costs for the entry must be paid by the submitting party; they must also be exempt from import duties and customs charges.
• No more then 2 kilo’s and should be not bigger then a shoebox maximum: length max 32 cm x depth 19 cm, high 13 cm.
Insurance and Liability
All entries are to be insured by the participants themselves. Participation in the contest can only effected on the express condition that the contestant himself/herself is liable for the loss and theft of or damage to his/her goods during transport and during the period up to the exhibitions at the various locations.
The designs remain the property of the designers. The objects may, however, be used by the SIERAAD organization for the purpose of publicity for the above mentioned activities. The designs remain in the possession of the organization until all exhibitions have been closed, and cannot be returned in the meantime. The designs remain in possession of the SIERAAD organization until after the exhibitions.
When the participant submits his/her design, it is understood that he/she is aware of and accepts all conditions stated herein.
Materials to be used
The choice of materials is completely free.
The impartial technical jury will judge the designs on the basis of the following criteria:
• Interpretation and concept
• Innovation and development
• Execution of the design
The designs will be judged on the basis of anonymity.
The results of the competition are incontestable.
Will be published on the website a little later:
PUT ON ALL EMAILS + PACKAGES YOUR REGISTRATION NUMBER.
The following information is meant for training colleges:
• Participation is open only to third and fourth year students.
• Entry fees are €35 per student if we receive all the designs at the same time in one box before July 18, 2014. Unfortunately, there can be no exceptions.
• the two forms should be filled in by computer!
> Download REGISTRATION form here
> Download DESIGN form here